|A construction renaissance is happening in the US and Catalyst is leading the charge with innovative solutions that help firms run better projects. We’re adding to our team and looking for a proven professional to help us reach new customers and share the story.
As a Catalyst Account Executive your main objective is to prospect, qualify and close new business. You will sell to companies in the Construction and Power/Energy industries who are frustrated with their inability to manage their projects effectively, concerned with constant time and cost overruns, stuck with old technology, or simply want to increase productivity and profitability to gain a competitive edge.
You will engage local and national accounts in the Midwest to demonstrate opportunities for process improvement and efficiencies through the purchase of software and consulting services. The services and products range from project schedule development services, schedule remediation and recovery services, project controls process consulting, software implementation services, plus custom training engagements and project scheduling software products.
Compensation will include base salary (commensurate with experience), opportunity to earn commissions, company-paid benefits and annual company performance bonus. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a strong team selling the best end-to-end Project Controls solutions on the market.
What Will You Be Doing Every Day?
Responsibilities will include prospecting (phone calls, emails, walk-in discovery calls, etc.), qualifying (needs, budget, timing fit), account management (developing prospects into steady clients), local networking (community events, professional association meetings, etc.), and more. We seek a highly versatile, quick study who is eager to take on more. The right candidate will demonstrate a “hunter” mentality, a common-sense approach, and an outstanding work ethic.
You will develop in-depth knowledge of Oracle and Elecosoft software and Loadspring solutions as well as project control terminology and techniques. You will apply your knowledge to improve customers’ project controls business issues and strategies. The ideal candidate can describe previous experience guiding qualified prospects to mutually beneficial outcomes. The position requires travel in the Midwest up to 40% of the time.
You will exceed sales revenue goals and personal performance goals by effectively executing Catalyst’s business development strategies and activities to include:
- Prospect to identify new companies and other business units within customer organizations that will benefit from Catalyst solutions. Seek to expand contacts vertically and horizontal and further imbed solutions by upselling and cross-selling into accounts.
- Research prospects via the internet, publications, etc., to determine best value proposition and secure appointments to present solutions.
- Continuously developing detailed knowledge of industry, products and solutions to articulate benefits and functionality in order to present appropriate product recommendations that fit and contribute to customer’s success.
- Design and present business and/or technical concepts and multi-part solutions aligned to prospect’s business needs.
- Nurture and develop strong relationships with existing accounts and extend reach within their organizations.
- Prepare and present sales proposals and MSA/SOW agreements. Attend and contribute to company strategy, pipeline, staff and other meetings as requested. Demonstrate sound judgment and initiative to satisfy internal and external requirements.
- Generate services revenue in support of license sales to achieve and/or exceed the revenue quota.
- Maintain accurate records of sales activities, contacts, opportunities, account information and pipeline activity to reflect expected close.
- Frequently travel to client sites to discuss service offerings and deepen their relationship and trust with Catalyst.
Qualifications You Need To Apply:
- Minimum of 4-year BS or BA degree OR 5 years of experience as a proven sales performer specific to professional service sales with a track record of selling to existing [or net new] customer base meeting and exceeded quota targets.
- Minimum of 3 years of field level enterprise software sales. Experience selling to ENR 400 General Contractors, Construction Managers and Owner organizations to quota is preferred.
- Demonstrated skill to guide prospects to outcomes that are mutually beneficial.
- Professional attitude, appearance and conduct.
- Proven experience meeting, if not exceeding, sales quotas of $1-2M annually.
- Must have the “hunter” mentality and the ability to network and build a book of business from new customers and existing relationships.
- Knowledge of technical environments such as database platforms, cloud and web-based applications.
- Knowledge of construction project planning and delivery processes is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, collaborative, negotiation and closing skills.
- Possess highly developed selling, customer relations and negotiations skills with the ability to effectively communicate with C-level executives and line of business staff. Strong business analysis, solution crafting, interaction management, and presentation skills and the ability to interact with client C-level executives.
- Execute moderate travel throughout a Midwest territory as required.
Our staff shares a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a comfortable, professional atmosphere. Our credo is a simple one: Be Helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought and perspective as the people who use our products. We look to add amazing folks to our team who will bring diversity and innovation across our organization.
For more information about Catalyst please visit our website at www.catalystusa.com. For consideration, please respond on this site, or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Catalyst USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.